Thursday, July 1, 2010

frustrating

Ive had more frustrating days. I just cant remember when.
I was at Fr. Joel's working on my remodel project. I had to bring a recep from the wall through the front panel on this cabinet that Annabelle and I installed yesterday (could not have done it without her. seriously. kudos to her).
so the first thing that happened was that my precut hole in the panel was too small for the box that I had. And for the second box that I scrounged up. Then my jigsaw kept screwing up the finish on the panel as i tried to widen the hole. then the blade broke.

so i went to the store and found a metal box that fit the hole. And got some new jigsaw blades. And a countersink for my drill.

Got back and the new box didnt have a grounding screw. One could not be scrounged up. Jigsaw is older than I am, and the blades I bought didnt fit. Then I tightened up the hex key in my $11 countersink . . . and the shoulders rubbed off.

My right hand is swollen.

And I came home to a massive hairball that one of my cats barfed up on my rug.

On the other hand I like building things. Its one of the few things that stimulates that part of my brain once occupied by academia.

Now playing: "Give the Bastards Hell" the Killigans

One of things that Ive been thinking about lately is the American concept of "neat." we like nicely manicured lawns. straight roads before "well-kept" houses. trimmed vegetation. etc etc.
Its like such "neatness" evidences our control over our environment.
I want to plant my yard in prairie grass and have done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment