Sunday, July 18, 2010

tea

My mom makes this stuff called "sun tea." it is basically ice tea that's brewed in the sun. she puts a bunch of tea bags in this gallon glass jar, fills it with water, screws on the lid, and puts it out in the courtyard for the day. she usually adds some herb/fruit tea to the regular black stuff so it tastes summery. i like it.

Monica's boyfriend, Matt, is down for the weekend, so we went canoeing this afternoon with my parents, Benjie, and Annabelle. Benjie didnt feel like getting wet so I drew the kayak since we had an odd number of people. We did the 5 mile trip. The creek is kind of high, so it only took us about 2 hours because we stopped to eat. The bad part was that my "kayak" was a cheap piece of crap and didnt handle the fast water well at all. I got soaked. On the plus side, I was passing this group of drunk college kids, and this one chick was like "hey you want a beer," which is like asking if the sun came up this morning. so she tossed me one. behind my kayak. full beer cans float. catching them is hard. but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment